Garbage disposal are an added convenience for getting rid of organic waste materials inside your home. As long as this important appliance is operating to its full potential, you can save a lot of time and hassle with the daily kitchen tasks. With routine maintenance and care, you can ensure the garbage disposal is fully functioning when you need it. Over time and use however, the garbage disposal will need repairs eventually. Recognizing the signs can prevent the minor issues from evolving into serious problems. Bearing this in mind, we at Texas Appliance Repair Service would like to share the warning signs your garbage disposal is in need of professional repairs.
Signs Garbage Disposal Needs Repair
1) Unusual garage disposal sounds during operation. The sounds of any loud grinding, clanging, or metallic sounds during normal use often suggests something trapped in the blades, or a serious malfunction of the motor has occurred, or another component is having difficulties. In any case, do not use it until you have a professional determine the issue.
2) Losing power to garbage disposal often. This occurrence is the result of a garbage disposal being too small or it is coming to the end of its projected lifespan. When it cannot keep up with minor needs or if the garbage disposal loses power, making you continually need to push the reset button to restart your unit, there can be issues with the electrical or something more complex with the components. If this sounds familiar, call in a professional.
3) Frequent garbage disposal clogs. Noticing standing water from the result of a clog or it constantly has obstructions, or the garbage disposal simply is not operating at peak performance, a repair technician should be summoned to find the optimal solution; a replacement might be in order, but your technician can determine the best course of action.
4) Garbage disposal water leaks. A problem is noted when there is water leaking under the sink that is coming from the garbage disposal. When the garbage disposal leaks, it will also lead to severe water damage to the cabinets, flooring, or back wall. If you notice it is leaking, call a professional sooner than later to avoid excessive damage. The issue can develop mold growth, especially if you dismiss the problem as a minor leak. A minor leak is simpler to repair than a major problem along with the surrounding damage it can potentially spread to.
5) Residual garbage disposal odors. Considering its function, garage disposals are highly likely to produce odors. When the occasion occurs, running a small box of baking soda or even some citrus peels can often clear up the odors. If the odors continue to persist however, the problem needs t be identified by a skilled professional who will offer a resolution to the problem.
Garbage Disposal & Other Appliance Repairs in Cedar Park, Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville, West Lake Hills, Manor, Sunset Valley, Bee Cave, Manchaca & Georgetown, Texas
No matter the issue you may be facing with your garbage disposal, Texas Appliance Repair Service is readily available to provide quality appliance repair services. Our technicians can identify the problem and offer plausible solutions to get your garbage disposal in working order quickly and efficiently. Contact us today!