Texas Appliance Repair services all major makes, brands and models including:
ADMIRAL, AMANA, CROSLEY, ESTATE, FRIGIDAIRE, GE, GIBSON, HOTPOINT, JENN-AIR, KELVINATOR, KENMORE, KITCHENAID, LG, MAGIC CHEF, MAYTAG, ROPER, SIGNATURE, SPEED QUEEN, SUB ZERO, TAPPAN, THERMADOR, U-LINE, WHIRLPOOL, AND MORE …
When you call Texas Repair Service, you can be sure you’re getting only the best parts and services available. We use only the best parts for all repairs that we carry out, so you can be sure our repairs will have your system running like new in no time. For over 7 years, we have been offering complete Repair and Service of all Major and Minor Appliances including Washer / Dryer, Refrigerator / Freezer / Deep Freezer, Dishwasher, Oven / Stove / Range, Microwave, Air Conditioner / Furnace, Water Heater, Garbage Disposal, Ice Machine etc. Our trained and experienced technicians repair all brands, makes and models. As an added convenience, we have a large inventory of in stock parts in our local warehouse and fully stocked vehicles. So chances are, we have what we need to get your Appliances up and running again now; not later. Please give us a call today to repair your appliances at a fraction of the cost of replacing them!
Appliance Troubleshooting Tips
Texas Appliance Repair offers these helpful troubleshooting tips to help diagnose whether or not your appliance needs professional repair or is a simple fix that you can accomplish but first there are some safety guidelines to follow to avoid injury:
• Unplug or disconnect the appliance from the power source before starting any work
• For gas appliances, turn off the gas at the source.
• Always wear safety glasses when using tools or working on an appliance
• Make sure long hair and loose clothing are tucked safely away from any moving parts.
At Texas Appliance Repair, we are here to help you repair and maintain your appliance and to keep them running at optimal performane. Contact us today to learn how easy it is to avoid appliance repair emergencies!
We do not offer any Refrigerator, Freezer or Air Conditioning repair tips as these appliances contain Freon. Also, we do not offer any Microwave repair tips as the have a danger of high voltage; even with the power off. It is highly recommended that you do NOT attempt repairs on these types of appliances.
First, make sure there is power to the appliance. Check for a tripped breaker or circuit breaker or a blown fuse. Check to see if there power at the wall socket with either a voltmeter or by plugging something else into the wall socket.
– If the power cord disconnects at the dishwasher behind the bottom kick panel, the wiring must be repaired or replaced.
– If the door switch is defective, it must be replaced.
– If there is no water to the dishwasher, check the water shut off valve. Also check the spray arms and unclog if necessary
– If the dishwasher isn’t draining, make sure the air gap and drain hose aren’t clogged. Also make sure the belt on the pump isn’t broken and that there are no broken pump components.
– If you notice film on dishes and glass, clean dishwasher with dishwasher cleaner. Film is caused by excessive calcium buildup.
Gas Dryer Repair
– If the door switch is defective or broken, it will need to be replaced.
– Ensure the blower wheel is not broken or clogged and that the venting is not blocked. If the thermal fuse has burned out or stopped heating, it must be replaced
– If the igniter burns out, breaks or glows and then shuts off without igniting the gas, the coils are probably defective and should be replaced.
– If it is taking too long to dry, make sure the dryer vent hose and duct aren’t clogged.
– If the cycling thermostat inside the dryer is defective, it may break and affect performance. Again, it will need to be replaced.
Electric Dryer Repair
– If there is no heat, check for tripped breakers and blown fuses. Electric dryers use two. If one is tripped, it may still run but will not heat.
– Replace the heating element if it is burnt out or defective
– Make sure the thermal fuse has not stopped heating or burned out. If blower wheel is not broken or clogged and venting is not blocked, the thermal fuse most likely needs to be replaced.
– If it is taking too long to dry, make sure the dryer vent hose and duct are not clogged.
– If thermostats or heating elements are defective, they will need to be replaced.
Washing Machine Repair
– If the lid switch located near the door is defective it will need to be replaced.
– If the washing machine drains and fills at the same time, the drain hose may be too low and need to be raised. The drain hose should be at least three feet above the floor.
– Ensure that the drain is not clogged as this will keep water from draining.
– If the water pump has a broken impeller or frozen pulley it should be replaced.
– If there is not any hot water, make sure the hot water is turned on. If there is not any cold water, ensure it is turned on as well.
Gas Range and Oven Repair
– Make sure the burners are clean and not clogged. Pilotless models are not easy to test to determine what is defective. If your burners are not working, it is best to call a professional like Texas Appliance Repair.
– Check to see if the oven igniter glows. If it doesn’t this could mean it is weak or burned out and may need to be replaced.
– Check to see if the broil igniter glows. If it doesn’t, it could mean it is not weak or burned out and need to be replaced.
Electric Range and Oven Repair
– If the element is only partially working or not at all, it may be a burned out receptacle. Both the element and receptacle may need to be replaced.
– The infinite switch located behind the control panel may need to be replaced if defective.
– If your oven or broiler is not working, it may need to have the heating element repaired.
Range Hood Repair
– If the range hood only has a fan and no light or other features, the fan switch or fan motor may be broken and need to be replaced.
Refrigerator, Freezer, Ice Maker Repair and Maintenance
Whether your refrigerator is leaking, noisy or not keeping food cold enough, contact Texas Appliance Repair. Our certified technicians can generally detect a refrigerator’s problem within just minutes of looking at your refrigerator. Sometimes, we can even diagnose the issue over the phone. Our professionally qualified appliance repair specialists will outline all of your options, and complete the necessary repairs quickly.
Refrigerator and Freezer Preventative Maintenance
The most important aspect to preventing future problems with working refrigerators and freezers is to ensure good air flow over the coils by allowing 2-3 inches of clearance all of the way around. Coils radiate the heat that is removed from the interior compartments. It is also a good idea not to store papers or plastic bags on top of your refrigerator which might fall down and block air to those coils.
Texas Appliance Repair also recommends thoroughly cleaning the coils with a vacuum cleaner at least twice a year and wiping off the face of the gasket with a wet rag.
Air Conditioning and Furnace Repair and Maintenance
Let Texas Appliance Repair handle all of your air conditioning and heating services and get your life back on track quickly. Whether you are in need of repairs for a broken air conditioner or furnace, or whether you need routine maintenance to keep your heating and cooling system running optimally, you can trust Texas Appliance Repair to provide high quality service at an affordable price.
When you call Texas Appliance Repair, we will make the process a whole lot easier for you. Our experts are always available to answer whatever questions you may have and we will keep you informed throughout the service. If you are having problems with your current system, we will give you an accurate rundown of your repair options. We are also available to provide you with periodic routine maintenance on your air conditioner and furnace as well.